Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Safe drivers can lower their insurance payments
with Pay As You Drive program from Progressive
Safe and low-mileage drivers could save
up to 30 percent in 30 days with SnapshotSM Discount
A business traveler who parks her car at the airport several days each week. A city-dweller who drives only on the weekends. A retiree who no longer commutes several hours a day in stop-and-go traffic. A defensive driver who avoids hard braking and late-night driving. All are less likely to be in a car accident, so shouldn’t they pay less for insurance?
INSURANCE AGENCY PLUS in Pinellas Park thinks so. That’s why it’s proud to offer Snapshot, an optional discount program from Progressive that helps safer drivers earn the discounts they deserve.
With Snapshot, customers finally have the choice to pay for car insurance based on how they drive, not how their neighbor drives. People who drive less, in safer ways, and during safer times of day can save up to 30% more on their insurance.
“Snapshot gives customers more control over what they pay, and a clearer understanding of what factors influence price,” said Vladimir Borissov with INSURANCE AGENCY PLUS .
Powering this program is the Snapshot device itself, which plugs into the onboard diagnostic port (OBD-II) found near the steering wheel of most cars built after 1996. The device’s sleek design houses the latest advances in telematics and mobile technology, enabling the customer to automatically and wirelessly share their driving patterns with Progressive.
After 30 days, the customer can log in to their policy to see how much of an initial discount they’re earning and what changes they can make to their driving habits to save even more. At the end of the six month policy term, the customer returns the device to Progressive, and Progressive sets the final discount for future renewals.
Drivers with more than one car can select which, if any, of their vehicles to enroll in Snapshot. For example, a person with a second car that’s driven less frequently may enroll that car in Snapshot, but may decline to enroll a vehicle they drive 50 miles each way to work in stop-and-go traffic.
The Snapshot discount is not based on location or speed. The device does not have GPS technology, so Progressive does not know where the car is and does not take into account how fast the car is being driven.
“The best part about the Snapshot Discount is that it’s discount-only,” “It’s free to add to your auto policy, easy to plug in, and your rates can only go down.”
About INSURANCE AGENCY PLUS
INSURANCE AGENCY PLUS is located at 6457 Central Ave , Saint Petersburg, FL 33710 or online at www.InsuranceFLa.org The experts at Vladimir Borissov provide advice and personal service. For more information about Snapshot, call 727-623-9885 or at firstname.lastname@example.org